Oorja Data Privacy Compliance Policy 2024
Effective Date: January 16th, 2024
Oorja Development Solutions India Private Limited (registered address at 55 Westend Marg, 2nd Floor, Saidulajab, New Delhi - 110030, India) and its holding company Oorja Development Solutions Limited are committed to protecting the privacy of its users.
1. Information we collect: We may collect personal information such as names, phone numbers, email addresses, postal address, Government ID numbers, date of birth, CV details such as work experience, references, etc.
- In addition, we may collect transaction data on user interactions with our services, such as the dates of service use, transaction amounts, transaction types, etc.
- We collect information you post in a public space on our website or on a third-party social media site belonging to www.oorjasolutions.org.
- We never collect sensitive financial information such as credit card numbers.
- We may also collect information such as GPS locations when using any of our digital apps, user interactions with events and other services (such as farmer trainings, workshops, etc.), and other demographic, socio-economic and agricultural information provided by users.
2. How we collect information: We collect information in different ways:
- Directly from you, when you fill an online form on our website or ask us a question through phone or email. We may also collect information in-person or over the phone through surveys.
- Passively, as we use tracking tools like Google Analytics and browser cookies for collecting information about your usage of our website.
- From third parties. For example, if you use an integrated social media feature on our websites. The third-party social media site will give us certain information about you. This could include your name and email address.
3. Purpose of collection: We collect user information order to enrich our services, specifically to:
- Contact users and respond to user grievances and issues.
- For security and verification purposes, in order to protect our customers and company.
- Improve our services, via understanding user behaviours and interactions with our services.
- Marketing purposes for new services or products.
- Sending transactional communications such as receipts, confirmations, etc.
4. Legal basis for processing data: We collect user data from users consenting into the collection, processing, and storage of personal data via membership contracts, as outlined within Section 9 of our membership contract/receipt. For non membership based services (e.g. milling and cooling), we only collect information willingly supplied by our users. By using our services, users acknowledge and consent to the collection and processing of their personal data.
5. Sharing of information with third-parties: We may share user personal information with third-party organisations such as business partners, contractors, surveyors, and consultants. Information will be shared only when under contractual agreement with said third-party organisations, and only for the purposes stated within this policy.
6. Data security: We maintain reasonable security practices and procedures in order to protect personal data, as well as all legally required procedures related to the investigation and reporting of data breaches.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. User rights: Users have a right to access, amend, or remove personal data collected, and may do so via contacting our designated Grievance Officer. In accordance with the Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Grievance Officer: Aditya Pandey
Address: 55 Westend Marg, 2nd Floor, Saidulajab, New Delhi - 110030, India
10. Compliance with laws: Our data processing activities comply with the following laws:
- Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules 2011
- Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021
- Digital Personal Data Protection Act 2023.